A lawn aerator helps to make your lawn healthier, lusher and greener by the simple action of making holes in the ground that allow air, nutrients and fertilizers to reach the roots of the grass. Experts recommend lawn aeration at least once a year and if possible twice. Aeration makes the lawn flourish and also reduces the amount you spend on the maintenance and health of the lawn, by maximising your efforts. Sometimes a good aeration is the difference between a green and lush lawn and one that looks scruffy and sparse.
There are several ways to do lawn aeration, and you can either do it yourself or seek help from a professional landscaping service. A single lawn aeration can cost you upwards of several hundreds of pounds, so investing in a lawn aerator is a very practical choice. Lawn aerators that are manual are not expensive and in fact the shoe aerators are quite cheap.
Depending on the size of your lawn you can either buy a manual aerator or a powered lawn aerator. The most popular lawn aerators are the ones that can be pushed along or used with your hands or worn like shoes.
This list of the best lawn aerators features different kinds of models, and you should choose one that will best fit your requirements. Lawn aerators are usually quite durable and long lasting and if you have a smaller lawn then you should go in for a lawn aerator that are show attachments. These are essentially a spiked sole with straps to go over your shoes. This is a simple and hassle free way of aerating your lawn. There are other models that require you to use your arms and even push in with your legs. For larger lawns you have larger pull along lawn aerators and even powered ones.
Have a look at the top 10 bestselling lawn aerators in the UK below and you are sure to find one that will fit your needs and also be within your budget.
Lawn Aerator Bestsellers Updated 2019-05-22
- Official Oypla Branded Product - Brand New Free UK Delivery
- 30cm Wide Drum Can Be Filled With Water Or Sand (Not Included)
- Folding Handles For Easy Storage
- Heavy Duty Steel Construction for Durability
- Encourages a healthier and greener lawn. The Just For Moo Lawn Shoes help by allowing air and water to reach the roots of your lawn.
- Comes with 3 straps with metal buckles per shoe to ensure the straps do not come undone when in use.
- With thirteen 2" Spikes per shoe, rejuvenating your lawn is quick and easy. Full assembly instructions and tools included.
- One size fits all - simply strap the shoes to your existing outdoor footwear and take a walk on your lawn.
- All orders received by 2pm M-F are shipped same day via Royal Mail Tracked 48. For even faster delivery, select expedited shipping at checkout!
- Greenkey Garden and Home Ltd
- Large 300mm (12") width covers your lawn quickly and easily
- Thirty 45mm (2") spikes provide deep and even aeration
- Supplied in either green or black
- Helps lawn to breathe, encouraging deep root growth and a lush, green lawn
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Easy to use lawn spiker shoes
- Simple home assembly
- 13 x 5cm spikes per shoe
- Garden & Outdoors
- ProSpike premium one-piece lawn aerating shoes
- Increases water and nutrient penetration for deeper roots and a greener, healthier lawn
- Features a unique conical spike profile producing larger, stronger holes that stay open longer
- Includes a non-slip platform, heel support and webbing straps for a secure comfortable fitting
- Easy clean & rust free. Manufactured in the UK from super tough rust free nylon for strength and durability
- Thoroughly clean up the lawn of moss and lawn felt
- Oscillating mounted scarifying knife
- Outer edges highly stable,, as extra hardened
- 'Made in Germany our quality is any challenge grown
- New! 35 Year Guarantee
- Large capacity; 30 litre capacity that can be filled with water or sand
- Durable; Made from high quality galvanised steel
- Extra wide; 42cm wide roller
- Easy to store; Removal handle ensures easy storage
- 12-month guarantee
Last update on 2019-05-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API